If this is just for your family, you can cut this in half.
Ack! Giant Sandwich!
Yikes! It's a vegetarian nightmare!
- 2 loaves French bread, ends cut off on one side only (to connect as one giant loaf!)
- ½ lb. sliced turkey
- ½ lb. sliced roast beef
- ½ lb. sliced honey ham
- ½ lb. sliced bologna
- ½ lb. sliced cotto or hard salami
- 1 lb. bacon (weight before cooking), cooked, of course!
- ½ lb. sliced swiss cheese
- ½ head lettuce, shredded
- 4 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 large green pepper, sliced thin
- 1 8oz. can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 small jar pickle slices
- ® cup red wine vinegar
- ® cup olive oil
- ® cup yellow mustard
- ® cup mayo or Miracle Whip
- 1 tsp. each of salt, pepper, oregano
Begin by spreading mayo and mustard onto bottom of bread. Shake vingegar and oil over mayo. Now season over vinegar and oil. Stack first with meat slices, leaving bacon strips on top of meats. Add cheese over bacon. Add lettuce over cheese. Now add tomatoes, green pepper, onion, pickles and olives. Finally, add more mayo on other side of bread if desired and close sandwich. Slice into 2" portions and allow guests to serve themselves, along with chips and dill pickle.